How To : Share Folders/Files on Ubuntu With GUI
Folders or files sharing is a feature that should exist on every computer in a network, especially when you’re collaborating with a team working on your project. Each operating system has this feature by default, but in Ubuntu you can use Samba, this is a file sharing service.
Do not worry, you do not need to use Terminal to share folders/files in Ubuntu. Following Just follow the steps.
1. Open Nautilus (file explorer).
2. Right click on your desired folder/file, choose Sharing Options.
3. Check “Share this folder” option. You will be asked to install Samba if it hasn’t been installed.
4. If you want to share folders/files in NTFS partition, you must add this line to [global] section in /etc/samba/smb.conf
usershare owner only = false
5. Ok, your folders/files should be visible to other computers now.