First Taste of Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala"
It’s been long time since the 9.04 released 6 months ago, and now we can enjoy the latest version of Ubuntu 9.10. I think, there are many changes from previous version, from the UI to the new kernel. I’m gonna explain the changes, but this is my first time to feel different with Ubuntu because I always not interested to try Ubuntu before this version.
- Installation – Supports for ext4 file system.
- Booting screen – completely different, elegant with shining Ubuntu logo.
- UI – Color changes, darker than before, but still using clearlooks.
- Applications – Some apps replaced with the new one, such as Pidgin replaced with Empathy, and directly connected to Ubuntu One from desktop.
- Faster – Ubuntu 9.10 has a great process management. It’s very important.
- Drivers – Added new hardware drivers database.
Download Ubuntu now and taste the new experience.